Who does not love natural, healthy and glowing skin? But we are tired of trying multiple chemical products to find that one product that will work like magic on our skin. What if we told you that your daily beverage alone can give you perfect, smooth and glowing skin.
A nutritious diet is one of the fastest and guaranteed ways to get healthy and clear skin. A good diet is not just for your inner health, but also for your skin’s health. The best way to consume the goodness of vegetables, fruits and plants that can help your skin health, is in the juice form.
Whether you have a vata, pitta, or kapha dominant skin, there are some drinks that can boost your skin health irrespective of your prakriti and your dosha.
Our Ayurvedic Doctor Speaks
Juices-Swarasa replenish Rasa dhatu, quenching the prached, dull skin. Make sure the juices are strictly sugar free, freshly pressed and at room temperature to extract maximum skin and health benefits from them.
-Dr. Zeel Gandhi (Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine & Surgery), Chief Ayurvedic Doctor, Vedix
A. Lifts Sagging Skin
People who go through rapid weight loss often face skin sagging in various parts of the body including the face. Drinking the required amount of water can increase the elasticity of your sagged skin and add a natural glow to it. However, this process takes a generous amount of time so do not expect overnight transformation. 
B. Maintains pH Balance
You need to maintain a pH value of 7 in your skin to have balanced, healthy and clear skin. This is also the ph value of water. The more water you drink the more balanced your skin’s pH level will be, which is why your daily intake of water needs to be sufficient.
C. Reduces Wrinkles
People who drink adequate amounts of water are more likely to have clear skin with no early signs of aging like soft lines and wrinkles compared to those who don’t. With growing age, your body loses its ability to retain water, so you need to make extra efforts to keep it hydrated, by drinking more water.
D. Prevents Acne
Acne or pimples are caused by the clogging of small pores on the upper layers of your skin and these pores are clogged by certain toxins. Drinking the required amount of water and keeping your body hydrated, flushes toxins out of the body and prevents the clogging of pores, thereby reducing the chances of acne.
E. Moisturizes Skin
Often your skin gets dry and dehydrated due to extreme cold or due to bathing in hot water. Drinking 8 or more glasses of water every day moisturizes your skin from within and recovers it from any signs of dryness.
F. Helps With Eczema
People who suffer from eczema have inherently dry skin and this condition often causes their skin to crack. By drinking more water you are hydrating your skin, thereby preventing it from cracking. Although drinking water cannot reduce the chances of having eczema, it can surely control the symptoms.
Ideally, the amount of water required by any person depends on the height, metabolism and weight of the person. Generally, adults need 5-8 glasses of water every day, but you might need even more during summers if you sweat a lot or even during extreme cold, when your skin becomes very dry.
- Fresh fruit juices contain a wide range of vitamins and micronutrients that boost your overall skin health and give you clear skin.
- Apple juice contains antioxidants that prevent premature signs of aging from appearing on your face. 
- Pomegranate juice helps in the renewal of skin cells.
- Fruit juices that are rich in vitamin C like lemon or orange juice, help in fighting free radicals in your skin.
- Papaya juice contains an enzyme known as papain that helps clear the skin’s impurities and reveal clear and bright skin. You can drink papaya juice every day.
- A glass of tomato juice can help in shrinking your pores, removing tan and reducing sebum production in your skin, which in turn can reduce acne.
You can drink fruit juices at any time of the day. Ideally, 2-3 glasses of fresh fruit juice in a day is enough to maintain clear skin, but you can drink more in summer. It is better to drink seasonal fruit juices in their respective seasons to get 100% benefit from them. Apart from certain fruits, you can benefit from the ones that are grown all throughout the year naturally.
Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe vera was known as the plant of immortality by the Egyptians due to its wide range of benefits. You can consume this plant’s juice orally or apply it to your skin directly.
- Aloe vera contains collagen. Drinking its juice repairs your skin cells from within and prevents early signs of aging, giving you clear skin. It also adds a natural glow to your skin, thereby making your skin more supple. 
- Instead of consuming artificial juices or beverages, you can consume a glass of aloe vera juice every day to keep your skin hydrated and boost your skin health.
Drinking one glass of aloe vera juice every day is more than enough for revitalizing your skin and making it clean and clear. You can also drink it by blending it into a fresh fruit smoothie to cut the bitter taste.
- Spinach juice is high in antioxidants that make your skin hydrated and soft.
- It helps in removing harmful free radicals from your skin, thereby preventing the appearance of premature signs of aging.
- Spinach juice is also rich in vitamin B, so consuming it daily prevents your skin from getting tanned easily. Without visible tanning, your skin will appear more clear and fresh.
- The presence of vitamin A and C in it helps in the healthy growth of skin cells, adding a natural glow to your skin.
- Spinach contains almost 12% of potassium, which also helps in skin cell growth. This in turn rapidly heals your scars and blemishes.
Make a healthy spinach smoothie with 2 cups of spinach leaves, ½ cup of soaked almonds or cashews, black salt, honey and lime juice. Blend everything together with some water and drink it every alternate day.
250 ml of spinach juice provides nearly 63% of the Daily Value (DV) for vitamin A that is required by your body every day.
Cucumber Detox Water
- Drinking cucumber-infused water can help treat acne and provide clear skin. This is because cucumbers contain vitamin B-5 and a clarifying acid called pantothenic acid. 
- Cucumbers are also rich in silica, which is a mineral popularly known to add a healthy glow to dull skin.
- Cucumber water flushes out harmful toxins from your body and maintains its natural complexion.
- Apart from being a good detox, cucumber water is also a good way of hydrating your body and skin, thereby resulting in clear skin.
Cut some cucumber slices and put them in your water bottle and soak it for some time or overnight. You can drink the cucumber-infused water throughout the day, as there is no consumption limit to it.
Honey And Lemon Water
- The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties present in a warm glass of honey and lemon water reduces the scars left by acne and creates a protective shield around your skin.
- The antibacterial properties of honey and lemon water also reduce the chances of having any bacterial infection on your skin, especially if your skin is sensitive and prone to infections.
- Honey is a natural humectant which means it has the ability to attract moisture from the atmosphere and restore it in your skin without making your skin too oily.
- Honey and lemon water is a natural cleanser that purifies your blood, getting rid of harmful toxins, thus making your skin look more radiant and supple. It reduces the dullness caused by pollution and harmful chemicals in skin care products and cosmetics. 
Experts advise drinking a warm glass of honey and lemon water, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Add the juice of half a lemon and 1 tsp of honey in one tall glass of water and make sure it is lukewarm.
The Last Word
Along with water, you can choose any of the drinks from above to consume every day for healthy clear skin. You can also mix and match the juices into healthy combinations. But our experts advise you to consult a doctor before mixing and consuming the above juices in case of allergies or indigestion.
All these juices are the silent warriors that keep enhancing your skin’s health throughout your life. These are easily available in your kitchen and cost you a bare minimum amount while maximizing benefits.Know Your Dosha Now
1. Hydration: Why it’s so important. (2017).
2. Apple phytochemicals and their health benefits
3. ALOE VERA: A SHORT REVIEW
4. Cucumbers. (n.d.).
5. Antioxidants: In depth. (2013).
Vedix Customised Ayurvedic Skin Care RegimenBuy Now
Vedix Ayurvedic Face CleanserBuy Now
Vedix Ayurvedic Face MoisturizerBuy Now
Vedix Ayurvedic Face SerumBuy Now
Aloka VC Brightening Face SerumBuy Now
Prakhya Acne Rescue Face SerumBuy Now
Niraj HydroMatte Oil Free Face Gel For WomenBuy Now
Anudha Glow Restore Moisturizing Face Lotion For WomenBuy Now
Was this Article helpful?
- Least helpful
- Most helpful
How can we make this page better?
What did you like about this page?
Thank you for your feedback on this article.